Friday, September 24, 2010

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions


This week's DS on DS review is on Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions.

From the review: "Ever since I was a little kid, Spider-Man has been my favorite superhero. Now that I have gotten older (since I haven’t actually grown up yet), Spider-Man still ranks up there in the number one position. I have played almost every single Spider-Man game ever made, and I have loved almost all of them. Yes, I even liked Spider-Man/X-Men: Arcade’s Revenge. The first really good Spider-Man game, at least in my opinion, was Spider-Man on the PS1, N64, and Dreamcast. That game is one of my all-time favorite Spidey games. Then when the movies game out, the games took a turn to sand-box territory. This was far from a bad thing, but it was starting to feel a little old. Now last year’s Web of Shadows on the consoles was a fun, but flawed, sand-box game. Thankfully, the DS version took the game in a completely different direction. Instead of a free-roaming environment, we got a Metroidvania style game. That formula had been continued with the DS version of Shattered Dimensions."

The full review can be read here:

No comments:

Post a Comment